1. Mahogany: is the national tree of the Dominican Repu […]
1. Mahogany: is the national tree of the Dominican Republic. The wood has medium density, moderate softness and hardness, dry shrinkage, stable size, corrosion resistance, and excellent processing, adhesive and paint properties.
2. Catalpa: It is a kind of high-quality precious wood facing extinction in Jiangbei. The texture is clear, the structure is fine and uniform, the decay resistance is strong, the shape does not change, no cracking, no peculiar smell.
3. Red pine: light and soft material, moderate strength, good dryness, water resistance, corrosion resistance, good processing, coating, coloring, and cementation.
4. White pine: light and soft material, full of elasticity, fine and uniform structure, good dryness, water resistance, corrosion resistance, good processing, coating, coloring and cementation. White pine has higher strength than Korean pine.
5. Birch: the material is slightly heavier and harder, the structure is fine, the strength is high, and the workability, coating, and adhesion are good.
6. Paulownia: The material is very light and soft, the structure is thick, the cutting surface is not smooth, the dryness is good, and it does not warp and crack.
7. Basswood: The material is slightly lighter and softer, the structure is slightly thinner, has silky luster, is not easy to crack, and has good processing, coating, coloring and cementing properties. It is not resistant to corrosion and warps slightly when dry.
8. Shiimu: The color of the vertebral wood is white and yellow, with clear texture, hard wood, moisture-resistant and anticorrosive. The furniture is elegant and natural, and there is no need to process the texture, which can avoid the eye irritation of strong colors. There is a saying of "Hainan Huanghuali, Meizhou Shizhumu".
9. Oak: Mountain-shaped wood grain, with a good texture on the touch surface. The texture is hard, the structure is firm, the service life is long, and the grade is high. It is suitable for making European style furniture. It is not easy to absorb water, is corrosion resistant and has high strength.
10. Red Chun: The heartwood is dark reddish brown, the sapwood is lighter in color, the texture is straight, the structure is fine, the pattern is beautiful, the texture is tough, insect-proof, corrosion-resistant, fast-drying, small deformation, most suitable for making high-end furniture.